Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Snapshot - Drifting

"Seeing, hearing and feeling are miracles, and each part and tag of me is a miracle."
~ Walt Whitman

I see blowing and drifting snow moving in vertical sheets across the frozen surface of the lake.

I hear Linkin Park playing on Grooveshark, drifting through the otherwise quiet house.

I smell Indian incense, called Vishwa Shanti, drifting in fragrant, curlicues of smoke through the kitchen.

I taste Organic White Tea with vanilla and feel it warming me from the inside out.

I am sort of drifting through the day... a little cleaning, a little homework, a little guitar playing, a little reading.  I have a small gathering to attend this evening, and afterward I will probably drift off to sleep listening to the wind that is forecast to blow all through the night.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you contentment.

11 comments:

marcia said...

Ohhhh...I've been thinking of you lately and your Sunday Stroll. Hope you are well and I'm happy to see you back online blogging! Happy New year to you and your family!

happy day!
love marcia

Marcie said...

Thank you for thinking of me! I'm happy to be blogging again, and just hope I can keep it up once my semester is in full swing!

I will come by to visit you at your blog soon!

Pom Pom said...

I hear the hum of the refrigerator, taste PG Tips, tea, smell strawberry lamp oil and see icebergs out my living room window. Have you ever read Gladys Taber?

Marcie said...

Icebergs, huh? lol! Me too!

I have read one of the Stillmeadow books many years ago, but it has been a long time. I don't find much time for that kind of reading right now, though I'm sure I could use it's restorative, calming, effect!

Debbie said...

Smiling warmly because I loved this.

The word I chose to be with me thruout this year is "be." It sounds like you are doing just that today and it's been a welcome reminder for me... Thank you, my friend.

Marcie said...

"Be" is a perfect word for your year. Thank you for the warm smile! Smiling back!

Tabor said...

Sounds well paced...not frenetic which is the way I usually face each day forgetting that I have the whole day!!

Laura said...

a perfect day of simply following your heart with awareness.

Nan said...

Lovely words and picture. SO glad you are back in this blogging world. How I've missed your voice.

Everydaywoman said...

Aisling,

Stopping by to say hi at your new blog. Changes, new beginnings, all the best in everything!

Love,
Ruth

Marcie said...

Ruth, Nan, Laura,

Thank you all for coming by. I wish I was finding more time to blog. Am adjusting to this new semester and trying to find the little gaps in my schedule that allowing blogging, and downtime. :)