Monday, January 2, 2012

Beginning with Miracles






I am beginning the year with miracles... the quiet miracles wrapped sweetly inside the children's novel Miracles on Maple Hill by Virginia Sorensen.  In the first pages, we are reminded that we have "all outdoors."  I spent much of my childhood there and continue to love the body and soul meditation of walking in nature... in listening and connecting with the beautiful earth.

As a blizzard continues its second day of windy white demonstration outside my windows, I shall enjoy nature through the pages of this story, which I have read and thoroughly enjoyed in other seasons.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace... and the curled-up comfort of a favorite book.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wonderful to hear from you over in my little corner of the world--and I am so glad to find you here in your new home.

Happy New Year--I wish you and your family the best of everything!!

Love,
Jessica

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

So good to see your sharing.
I must look up this book :)
Your sentiments for the New Year
returned to you - three fold..

Marcie said...

Thank you, Jessica!

Ernestine, If you find it, I think you will really enjoy it. Let me know! :)

Pom Pom said...

Hi A!
I loved that book. What a treasure it is. I'm going to order it. I like it that we are purposing to go outside now matter what.

Marcie said...

I am enjoying the book so much, and reliving moments from my own childhood whenever my mind wanders from the page. ;)

I knew it was a book you would love too. :)

Nan said...

Good to see you!
And I love this book. I was thinking recently that I would like to read it again.